Sunday, June 17, 2007

The Dynamics of a Dynamic Relationship

For just a moment, just one fleeting second, let me imagine myself as one of those God-forsaken incapacitateds who are inflicted by this very fatal and unrelenting disease, rather a mental disorder to be more precise, called as Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) by the wise and as love by the otherwise. While I consider who among the wise and the otherwise are wise and who otherwise I realize that I have in fact managed to put on the garb of OCD, oops, love. Before this "˜prized feeling" chooses to forsake me let me get on with this write-up. If it doesn't, God help me and for the better Samaritans among you, you will find the Hospitals-and-Nursing Homes-Directory in the second-from-bottom drawer of my old, dilapidated, broken study table. ( Feel free to use-and-help.)

 

 

Now, since I am in love and I am straight as well (Thank You all Ye Americans who gape and marvel at the simultaneous occurrence of these two conditions. It does happen in India. And will continue this way for some more time to come for sure. Thank You.) , I have this arm candy on, oops, with, me all waking hours (don't worry about the sleeping hours. That's a tad bit too personal to be discussed here, especially for free. ), she who chooses to accompany me to all accompany-iable places like restaurants and well....... some more restaurants. There are other places as well she wants to accompany me to, I will be fair to her, but those are places where "Darling! It won't look prim if I would be with you here. You surely don't mind being away from me for sometime Honey, do you?" Looks like a question. And is so. Rider: It's rhetoric. Tch tch tch.........

 

Lest you fall into the unbelievably misleading, unfair-on-her, misconceived, and deceptive belief that there are no places (other than restaurants) that she accompanies me to, I will clarify that You, Young gentleman, are already as mistaken as you ever can hope to be wittingly or unwittingly in the course of this infinitely ignorant lifetime of yours. There are other places too you can see her with me. Discotheques. Period.

 

 

Fast-Forward: By The number of Years you have harboured and cherished the grievously inane aspiration of falling.........and what makes it more ignominious still, in Love!!

 

 

Bob Dylan crooned "Times-They are a-changin". The pertinence and relevance of it to current-day scenario is intelligibly demonstrated and lucidly exhibited by the perfectly-executed-yet-serendipitous accident that We (Yeah, you are woefully right. I am still suffering from OCD!) are into live-in. For the more spiritually inclined among you, it directly means that we live together and indirectly means that we share the same apartment from the 4th of a month to the 2nd of the next. 3rd is the day when the landlord knocks. That one day I own the apartment exclusively. Cough-Cough!! Excuse me please.

 

My arm-candy, by now, my ominously-prospective-spouse, often quotes her distant maternal aunt's divorced husband's daughter-in-law's favorite one-liner "Share a life, Share a wallet." Since we plan to live ONE life, we should share ONE wallet. And, the one that belongs to me. (She is not stone-hearted enough to say this though. After all, she loves me.)

 

Very often, I go to pick her up from her office in the evening, unfailingly fortified with a fresh red artificially-scented and spray-watered rose with a long green stalk (Stop it you curious cat. Can we discuss the price later?). Almost as unfailingly she expresses her immeasurable gaiety by hugging me tight-enough-to-induce innumerable creases on the anti-wrinkle shirt of mine that I had planned to deo my way to office tomorrow as well. Poor thing. But she is happy. And so am I ( Was it Shiv Khera or Kahil Gibran or none of the two who warranted "Be Happy when She is"? Smart observation, I must say. But for this rule the gentleman would hardly be happy ever! ) On our way home, she sometimes falls for that Louis-Vuitton handbag or that Calvin Klein 3.4 oz Eau de Perfume for Women. Also, sometimes she forgets her plastic money in her office-locker. Sometimes, the previous two '˜sometimes's coincide. Rest is history.... Whats worse... They were right, History in fact repeats itself.

 

She sounds very convincing when she says she loves me. I am marrying her this summer. You are invited to the wedding. We don't expect gifts but don't want to risk losing the so-thoughtfully thought-of physical manifestations of your best wishes either. So.....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

17 comments:

ronsin said...

another string of applauses being shree-ganeshed by me... :)
getting bored of congratulating me on an excellent post... so this time I wont congratulate you for this excellent post... (hope that you dont blog for my congratulations and hence will continue blogging... :P)

Chinmaya said...

RONSIN
me=you makes my life worth-living!!! :)
Nevertheless, i understand and appreciate your appreciation and approval. Thanks so much for your kind remarks. And yes, I dont exclusively blog for your congrats, but they, truly, are a driving force........

Garam Samosa said...

Speechless, literally though.
Nothing is coming to mind as it all seemed like something which was written with this very intention that nothing comes to one's mind after reading it.
n long sentences are out, that too, complex long ones.
Humorous but kind of repetitive.
n keep the frequency down to an acceptable level, this is no social networking site like orkut that we keep on checking every other hour..[:P]
nyway, good one.

Chinmaya said...

GARAM SAMOSA
Frequency down?? Not on purpose dear. I will not like to stifle a strain of creativity inside myself just coz its too soon! Sensationalism--everywhr but here. I feel what I write. I write what I feel.

Besides, long sentences was, should I tell you, a carefully culled-out literary technique adopted. Just like, if you observed, the previous post "she" was all bout short n terse sentences. Because I needed to lash out. Be rude. here, this time round, the aim was to confuse...... hence...... Hope i succeeded?

Thanks nevertheless for your very-encouraging remarks!!!

Zus said...

:)
humorous...thats it!

Chinmaya said...

YASHU
Good. Was not supposed to be much else if the reader doesn't want it to be. Laughter was all I tried to evoke. Feels nice to hear I succeeded.
Thanks. So much.

Unknown said...

i hav already given u my interpretation about the 3rd day.....dat part (evn ur interpretation) was hilarious.....n da Americans part too...n da history repeats itslf part too.....oh wtf ...the total shit was fuckin genius ....hope i got all meanings rite ..xcellnt ...kudos....clap clap ..taaliyan...wahwah wahwah.....jst make sure wen u get in ur live in dat she dusnt sleep around wid da landlord!bbye!

Chinmaya said...

SHREYASI
Perhaps loved your interpretation lot more than mine. Only that its a bit improper to discuss it on a blog that doesnt have a warning saying "Enter only if above 18". Still, let me assure you with all best wishes that the author-of-the-post's girlfriend sleeps only with him, and no landlord gets to enjoy life at her end (neither end i mean,not the front, not the rear!)

And yes, this sure has to be one of the more explicit comments I have received in a long, long time. Thanks. I love such stuff. And you know this!! "the total shit was fuckin genius" I am lookin for more people like you with an infinite amount of tolerance to have found this shit genius. I do love you for this fact. :)

Ohh yess! i sure will make sure that when i enter my live-in she doesnt sleep around with the landlord. I will rather look around for a flat that comes with a rather attractive landlady? ;) Wotsay??

The formalities are up-next( You may want to leave now!): Thanks so much for the applause. And for actually liking it, and letting me know the same in such 'glorious' terms!! I stand taller by a few inches. Thanks.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kisalay said...

Good Post !

You must be knowing that I have various naughty neurons. :P

Keep it up !

Chinmaya said...

KISALAY
Yeah, i do know dat u have not several but so many more "naughty neurons". let them be..........

Thanks a lot for the praise n appreciation.......

Vinayak said...

Hmmm... your doubt probably was a truth... sorry...

Chinmaya said...

VINAYAK
Oops!

Its okay!

Summer said...

Thirteen so far!!O yea i was
waiting for this day to write a comment. :D
and talking about your post,
waah. dil khush kar ditta !
i really doubt a broken nib
and dried out ink.
On a more serious note,
lets kill Vinayak !!

Vinayak said...

The world really is deplorable... and pointless... :( :( :(

Chinmaya said...

SUMMER
Oh yeah? Would sure like to be all-ears to your love-story with 13 (and with others too if applicable :P ).

And Yes, I am in the process of formulating a plot to bump Vinayak off. Will share it with you as soon as fully-cooked. :)

And Yes, Thanks so much for your appreciation. I apprciate your appreciation. Do not doubt the broken nib and the dried-out ink. Only rest assured of a fully-functional laptop. :P

Chinmaya said...

VINAYAK
I agree. Neha agrees too. Hence the plan.