Saturday, June 16, 2007

She

I know her since my childhood. We played together. We literally lived together, loved together. She had been my truest confidante, somebody who knew me inside out. Somebody the warmth and comfort of whose touch had never failed to ensconce in me the faith that I am much needed, and that I matter, and that I mean the world to somebody. A precious feeling. As much a responsibility. A prized one. A cherished one.

 

Life moves on and waits for none as if she needs nobody. Perhaps she doesn't. But she herself is needed for by one and all. She knows it. And basks in the glory......... As I grew up from adolescence into manhood, our bonds strengthened. The lady in her had emerged more conspicuously and she needed my shoulders more than ever. Rather the man in me was perhaps thinking so and rejoicing in new-found glory. Nonetheless, she loved me and I loved her, and that was all that mattered to me. And to her.

 

She is sick. Very sick. I am professional. Very professional. She needs me these days, again more than ever. I have come to know this pretty girl, Tina, in my office. Guess Tina likes me. Tina is an 'interesting' date. Rather, 'intriguing' might just be closer.

 

Meanwhile, she is sicker. Also suspectful of Tina. Something's cooking between Tina and me, she thinks. And she is not completely wrong. Yesternight Tina was looking ravishing and after dinner I decided to stay over at Tina's place. When I returned in the morning She was not in her bedroom. Hospitalised.

 

I rush to the hospital only to see Her more scuppered by the infirmity of Hers. She refuses to forgive me for my laxity and frivolousness. Neither do I deserve to be forgiven. I am a wretched fool. Selfish. A selfish lecher that's it.

 

I cry. And She can see the crystalline tears roll down my cheeks. As I turn my face back in shame and attaint, She calls out my name. I turn again, this time round, only to see Her arms wide open, to fall and lose myself in that eternal embrace of Hers. The same warmth. The same comfort.The same precious feeling. As much a responsibility. A prized one. A cherished one.

 

She has forgiven me. Thank You Maa.

 

I love you Maa. Get well soon. I am there by your side. Always. All ways.

 

 

 

 

25 comments:

ronsin said...

much more comfortable with your vocab usage in this post... :D nevertheless another very nicely written, touching post... and yes, very very very to the point... short and crisp... simply awesome!!! likhte raho...

Chinmaya said...

RONSIN
Thanks for your generous appreciation. Thanks so much for liking it. I do hope to carry on the likeable work.

Unknown said...

gud dat our comments were taken into account :). for this post just one word......"inlelligent". u've a lot thru this post(machau).

Chinmaya said...

ANURAG
:) ... yeah, i was a bit concerened about losing my valued readers-base hence had to go by the demands from comments. And yes, Thanks so much for expressing approval of the post. Thanks!

Garam Samosa said...

Love u and hate u.
Very touching, Ackchili..[:P]...but if it doen't resemble fiction even a wee bit, go to hell..
Hate u 'coz literary skills-wise, u cud hv fared much much better..Ackchili...n this u know...
nyway, keep blogging....

Chinmaya said...

GARAM SAMOSA
Certain things are done on purpose, just like you could have chosen a much better display name than "garam samosa", nahi kya??? ;) :) But You still went ahead with it right? Similarly, I had my reasons Sir! But thanks for being receptive enough to comment on the writing rather than the content. I liked it. Please continue this way in future too.......

Unknown said...

wonderful n really touching ....A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.....don't worry its long bt inshallah she ill be well soon...amen...keep writing

ujjwalagarwal said...

different it is sure when comes straight from there.......
the big question is how many of them in yr office (or rather how many of em think they) are guilty of being Tina.
The more tha better coz mom s already forgiven..........; she always will mate.

a request tat u maintain the quality of tha blog by responding only to the "deservin" critical comments............
"literary skills" the definition aint ther on 'dictionary.com' ......
will never be.....

Chinmaya said...

TAK
Thanks to begin with for your sweet, very sweet comment. And to end, Thanks again. Invaluable.

Chinmaya said...

UJJWAL
Work of fiction. And well said, coz she always will forgive, lemme search for a Tina or two!!!

Thanks for understanding.

Kisalay said...

Ultimate, very touching. Akchili
you are a great writer...keep blogging at the same rate. :)

Chinmaya said...

KISALAY
Thanks. Most of all, thanks for wanting me to blog at the same speed, where as all the rest want otherwise. Thank You So Much!!!

Anonymous said...

extremely touching...

Chinmaya said...

AMBALIKA
Thanks. Thanks so much for visiting and choosing to leave a trace or two of yours. The blog awaits your footsteps. In silence.

Zus said...

liked the other ones better

Chinmaya said...

YASHU
Thanks nonetheless. next time around, I will try to write like the other ones! But, yes, thanks Mr. Honest. I love You. (I always thought this one as one of the better things to come out f my broken nib. So did others. Nice to see sumone differing.)
Thank You So Much.

Zus said...

well chinmaya...i jus dint write tht to differ...
and i know i dint need to state tht!
it was one of the better thngs u wrote bout...
but not in tht better a way...

Chinmaya said...

YASHU
Yes Dear, you of course dont need to clarify that. Good you atleast found the subject good. next time round, I will try and make it more palatably-presented.
Thanks nonetheless.

Zus said...

for some reasons...i change my comments on it...
i liked it...
it was good!

Zus said...

i was being too critical on my friend...
but for his own good though...and will continue to be!

Chinmaya said...

YASHU
Thanks. And wotever reasos u have....i dont mind!!

Unknown said...

i am speechless....itz bttr u do da talkin ..writin ..watevr...u r brilliant...

Chinmaya said...

SHREYASI
Thanks for the magnanimous and large-hearted remarks there. I value your opinion and hence stand both honored and encouraged.
Thanks yet again for putting in the time, and subsequently liking my humble effort......

Anonymous said...

hey i just read it again n loved it all over again..... :)

Anonymous said...

People should read this.